@arashi Yes I've heard people mentioning that, but not its consequences: people say BTC is the most secure because of its hashrate, which has plummeted. People say no one uses other coins, but Litecoin is now used more. It's definitely a big deal.
1. What's the energy securing the network vs second best network?
2. Miners are relocating to various locations, not shutting down permanently, so what's the worst that could happen and what are the chances?
3. Define "used". Utilized block space is a piss poor metric, maybe 5% of my transactions use any block space. How do you account for that?
1. Energy is not the only thing that secures a network, so this doesn't matter.
2. What's the worst that can happen in any temporary security lapse?
3. Used meaning on-chain capacity at the moment. Lightning uses on-chain capacity, specifically in onboarding, which a whole country may be gearing up to do.
Primer nodo uruguayo de la red social Mastodon, federada, descentralizada, autogestionada y basada en software libre. Bienvenido a la tierra del mate!